- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Nairobi full day tour collects from your Nairobi hotel at 8:00am.
Tour may also pick you up from the Nairobi airport on request.
Tour proceeds to the Karen Blixen Museum where we view relics and listen to a narration of Kenya’s colonial history.
Tour proceeds to the David Sheldrick baby elephant orphanage where we view the orphan baby elephants feeding between 11am and 12 noon.
We shall enjoy lunch at the Karen Blixen coffee garden and later in the afternoon visit the Giraffe center where we can feed the Rothschild Giraffe and lastly the Kazuri Beads center where we can view the women artisans at work and maybe buy ourselves local gifts in support of the self help local women’s project.
Tour shall later finish with a drop off at your Nairobi area hotel or the Nairobi airpor
Head to the leafy ex-colonial suburbs of Nairobi to visit 2 of the city’s most famous attractions: the Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife’s Giraffe Centre and David Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage.
Escape Nairobi’s bustling city center and head towards the leafy suburb of Karen. Sit back and take in the interesting sites of local life on your journey through East Africa’s largest city, as your driver and guide explains about Nairobi’s history and modern life.
Your first stop is at the Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife’s famous Giraffe Centre. The center has pioneered an innovative breeding programme that’s helping to grow the population of the endangered Rothschild giraffe in the wild. Learn more about this fascinating animal and the breeding project as you get up close and personal with the giraffes from the center’s raised walkway.
Afterwards, head the short distance to David Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage, located on the edge of Nairobi National Park. Since its inception, the project has hand-reared more than 150 baby elephants that have been orphaned in the wild, often due to poaching. The orphanage helps to reintegrate these gorgeous creatures into the wilds of Tsavo National Park in the east of the country. Discover more about this fascinating venture and see the baby elephants being fed by their keepers.
Head back to central Nairobi, where your tour comes to an end around lunchtime, leaving you free for the rest of the afternoon to explore downtown Nairobi on your own.
- Guided tour of Nairobi’s leafy Karen suburb
- Admission fees
- Live tour commentary in English
- Meals and beverages
- Flight not listed in the Price Includes.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry on entry in any African country you going to travel with Jelani Tours & Safari Africa. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- We recommend 10 USD per traveller per day as tips for the guide and 3- 7 USD per traveller per day as tips for the driver. However, you might pay depending on their services.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
No Details Found